Dec 30, 2020
The upcoming year is already
looking remarkably busy on the insurance side. I wanted to give you
three areas to watch that will affect your practice. Throughout the
year I’ll keep you updated on this podcast and in my newsletter. I
appreciate that you see me as a resource, and I will continue to
monitor carrier and revenue cycle management news for the industry.
Thanks for helping the podcast grow this past year – I very much
appreciate you. Here’s to a fantastic 2021!
Episode 68 talking
- National Council of Insurance Legislators
(NCOIL) adopting the ADA’s recommendations for dental insurance
guidelines. Covered topics:
- Network clarity
- Virtual credit cards as payment
- Ensuring that pre-authorizations are held
accountable when treatment is performed
of institutional opposition (hospitals and American Medical
- Administrative burdens and concerns over lower
provider fees are cited as reasons
- Judges are not so convinced: Why is an X-ray
price 'unknowable?' (recent court case)
it affect dental?
- Legislation requiring pricing transparency in
healthcare passed as part of the 2021 Budget Plan
- Overturns McCarran-Ferguson Act that removes
antitrust restrictions from carriers
- Hopefully will encourage more competition in
the carrier market
- Did insurance companies stop innovating
because they didn’t need to?
National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) predicts
“more instability in the health insurance markets and, therefore,
- Competitive Health Insurance Reform
the 50+ page Ebook “Prepare, Protect and Prosper” here!
Psst, it’s free 😊
Resources from this
**If you like the show then I’d
appreciate a good rating. Tell your friends. Even podcasters ask