Dec 17, 2018
Today’s podcast explores why retirement amongst dentists is
growing more elusive. The average American retires at age 63 and
the average dentist retires at age 69. The average American earns
$56,5133 per year and the average dentist earns more than
four-times the average American, at roughly $229,630. Why then are
dentists making so much more than the average person but retiring
so much later?
- 1:50 - Nobody told me that dentists retire 6
years later than the average American!
- 3:30 Dentists make 5x the average US income,
so why are they stuck working longer?
- 5:40 - 9:37 Entrepreneurship is much higher in
the dentist industry. Does this contribute to later
- 9:38 Start your career with a consultant and
it can save you regret and a lot of work later on. Old habits die
hard - get help with changing.
- 11:05 - 27:57 Is dentistry turning into a
commodity? What you can do to prevent this mindset.
- 39:50 You should never be the only person
making financial decisions. You aren’t objective enough.
- 27:57- 45:50 How can a financial advisor or
consultant help you to make better decisions and actually SAVE
- 45:52 Let’s talk about retirement plans and
how they can help minimize turnover. What can a dentist do to make
retirement a great benefit?
Links from Today’s Show
Reese Harper’s Podcast
Dentist Money Show: https://dentistadvisors.com/dentist-money-show-podcast/
Consulting Personal Financial Planning Services:
Connect with Reese on Social Media
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dentistadvisors/